U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Fri, Jul 23, 2021 4:58 PM

hacker alerts

I keep getting xfinity alerts for hacker from russia, ukraine etc. trying to acces my DishNetwork reciever (Hopper3). Also firewall logs with lots of input drop, forward drop attempts that were blocked. any comments?

Responses

Again

Expert

• 

26.5K Messages

2 m ago

@user_b3bb52 This is something you probably should be asking at Dish since it's their network.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 m ago

Actually it is Xfinities network and who I get the reports from. Don't know why hackers would target a satelite reciever.

Official Employee

• 

376 Messages

Hi, @user_b3bb52. Are you using our internet service but Dish's service for TV, or do you have all services through Dish/other competitors? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 m ago

it's probably people trying to watch streaming apps near you   sounds like someone's attempting to brute force your modem  

speculating here  but it happens

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 m ago

I have DishNetwork for TV and Xfinity for internet. Not using Xfinity for TV etc, only internet. The Dish reciever has to be connected to the gateway for updates and billing.

New to the Community?

Start Here