SonnyShahheydari's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, April 4th, 2020 5:00 PM

Closed

Google Chromecast no longer connecting to my home wifi

I have been using a Google Chromecast for a while with no issues. However, it recently stopped connecting to my home wifi. I decided to to a factory reset of the device but now it will not connect. The Google Home App says that it is installed but that I may need to disable the AP Isolation setting. Having trouble figuring out exactly how to do that. I've logged into my router by going through the 10.0.0.1 thingy (I'm computer deaf) but cannot find any sort of setting for AP Isolation. I don't want to start clicking away at things for fear of messing up my home network. I feel like I'm very close to figuring this out but I'm not quite there. Help! I need my Chromecast to work in the bedroom so I can stay away from my mother-in-law during our local shelter-in-place. I don't want to end up on the news!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Did you get a solution here? I'm suddenly having the same issue.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I'm having the same issue now. Any solution out there?

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Same issue. Chromecast was working fine as recently as a few days ago, now cannot connect when I try to cast on any of my devices. I have three Chromecast-enabled devices on my network and I cannot cast to any of them. The one I deleted from Google Home and attempted to re-set up won't complete the setup process; the other two are still showing as connected (both in Google Home and on my router's table) but won't accept a cast request.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I called Google.  same thing.  its your router.  I went to 10.0.0.1 -> Advanced ->Device Discovery -> Zero Config and Enabled That.   Restarted the router.  And, the chromecasts are now showing up.  and, am able to cast to it

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

Worked for me too!  BOTH the UPnP and the Zero Config need to be enabled (in Advanced --> Device Discovery)

Expert

• 

105.5K Messages

3 years ago

11 month old dead thread now being closed...

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here