U

Tuesday, July 2nd, 2024 5:05 PM

GlobalProtect VPN problem

We use GlobalProtect (from Paloalto) for accessing systems at work.  On my home xfinity network, GlobalProtect is dropping connections every two minutes.  After I disabled "advanced security" in the xfinity app, the stability of the connection improved significantly, but there are still connection drops/hiccups.  What other settings need to be changed to produce a stable connection?  This only became an issue when we upgraded our 10 year old modem to whatever the latest model is from xfinity.  

4 Messages

3 months ago

Also relevant: https://community.spiceworks.com/t/vpn-works-on-xfinitywifi-hotspot-but-not-secured-wireless-network/771705  Apparently this problem is widespread.  Why isn't there a solution? 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_88cmtg Thanks for reaching out for help with the connection issue with the VPN. I use a VPN as well for my work, and know how important it is. Have you spoken to the the support team for the VPN to see if they have any information on what the settings of the device have to be for best operation of the VPN? Have you had any issues when not using the VPN on any device as well?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

2 months ago

I've been trying to get a solution to this. Working off of my Xfinity network I don't have any issues but when I reached out to support they told me to contact my IT dept. First, I already have, second, this is clearly an issue with Xfinity + Global Protect. There are seemingly tons of threads about this but nothing to imply a resolution. I am happy to provide logs and work on packet captures but just getting to the point where I can talk to someone who is knowledgeable about networking has yet to happen. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_5xzp8h Unfortunately, troubleshooting Private Networks (VPN) is outside the Xfinity demarcation. We do have some suggestions posted here that may help. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here