Gigabit Issues, cont'd
Gigabit Issues No One Can Solve:
Started with an electrical storm/lightning about 3 months ago.
*Previous to storm,everything was completely normal with gigabit internet.
After the electrical storm, and 5 Tech visits:
- On 4th Gigabit Modem
- gigabit internet fluctuates wildly throughout the day
- my laptop - On Wifi - Now Connects to myhomenetwork-4.
- my laptop - Hardwired - Connects to BOTH myhomenetwork (1000 up and down) AND myhomenetwork4 (wifi4/linkspeed 300up and down).
- my laptop ethernet card: intel 82577LM Gigabit Network Adapter
- my laptop wifi: intel centrino advanced-N 6200 AGN
I borrowed my neighbor's laptop - his laptop connects to myhomenetwork3..?
Both Laptops Cannot Download More Than 115MB/s Hardwired
Both laptops about 25MB/s Wifi - again, it fluctuates throughout the day
I have to resest the modem several times a day to get back to spped for short periods of time (unplug modem, wait 15 seconds, plug modem back in, wait 5 minutes and usually speed is okay (650mbs)--but then, that speed drops, rises, falls...
-the line coming into my apartment
-modem 4 times
A) upgraded surge protector-(coax goes in/out)-to help with signal loss
B) upgraded GE Quad-shielded Coax - to help prevent signal loss
C) upgraded ethernet cables - CAT8 - to help prevent signal loss
Same issues persists
- fluctuating signal (last tech had a meter that showed there was a lot of bounce back in the signal)
- numerous networks (whereas--before the electrical storm--there was just one network-whether it was wifi or wired)
last tech 'summised' that my laptop ethernet, nor my neighbor's laptop-- was not able to download sufficiently on the gigabit network -- blaming the ethernet adapters...
Sooooooo, after buying surge protector, upgraded coaxial cable and upgraded ethernet cables - I am NOW in the process of buying a brand new laptop WITH a Wi-Fi-6ax Card with Bluetooth 5 (2+2)(mu-mimo)...if the problem still exists after I get my new laptop, then we all know, with 100% certainty (I guess), that it is a comcast issue...do we not? lol
The ONLY upside is that the corporate liason who's been helping me, is a very nice person. I kindof expected the corporate liason to take the side of the techs, tech 3's, and even one supervisor (who blamed my roku device on the extreme signal loss...lol)(I proved that incorrect); but, the liason has been patient, open-minded, and has displayed the Great Common Sense that the Good Lord granted us; thankfully.
Any helpful suggestions?
Have ANY OF YOU Seen This Before?