U

Sunday, September 1st, 2024 12:37 AM

Gigabit is a dismal 400-500mbps

To make this quick and simple, new customer in May, new lines in neighborhood and in house, gigabit service, Nighthawk CM2000 modem paired to ASUS GT-AXE11000 router. Pulled 950+mbps in May and most of June then service fell on its face. Did repeated automated troubleshooting and got nowhere. I understand I might not always get gigabit speeds but 400-500mbps is ridiculous especially when the bandwidth isn’t there and we experience heavy slow downs depending on what we’re doing. I’ve tested speeds repeatedly with both Xfinity’s speed test on a hardwired gigabit Ethernet PC and through the built in ASUS router speed test and they show the same 400-500mbps. [Edited: Language] Xfinity!

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

17 days ago

Thanks for connecting with us here in our community about the trouble with your internet speeds, @user_3rthet. We are sorry to hear the speeds have not been where they were in May. You have the right team to look into this for you. Did you notice anything change from June to now that would cause the speeds to slow? Did you add many new devices such as cameras or others that would cause speeds to decrease? Have you seen any damage to any of the cables inside or outside the home? Sometimes the weather, critters, or bending in cabling can cause trouble for your connection. 

2 Messages

Nothing has been changed, added or removed, monitoring bandwidth usage through my router shows nothing abnormal or even remotely data intensive when testing. The cabling in the home is shielded and was verified to not be damaged. What I found interesting is a day after your initial response my speeds magically seemed to climb back up into the 850-1000mbps range. While I'm still not certain it's fixed I'll keep testing periodically to make sure it holds up. I've also recently checked my cable modem log and it shows no errors, uncorrectables or anything out of the ordinary, at this point I would suspect something in the distribution system is awry. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

That is super strange! Let's take a look here from our end.

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a Direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

106K Messages

15 days ago

@user_3rthet  @XfinityThomasB 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open public forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here