Ray45's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Sun, Nov 8, 2020 3:00 PM

Gigabit Internet is intermittent and very slow at night 10~30Mbps but works fine during the day!

Since 10/28/2020 my internet has been intermittent and extremely slow at night. This issue starts between 8PM and 9PM CST every day! The speeds begin to decrease between 8-9PM to 100 -200mbps then continue to drop as the night goes on. Around 12-1AM the speed is at 10-30Mbps. The upload speed is largely unaffected and stays between 30-40mbps. The internet "magically" returns to full speed between 8-9AM. Also, TV and Alarm is essentially unaffected.  I have had 4 techs out all who say everything is fine. (They come during the day when the internet works fine, and I get 940Mbps down.) The techs replaced all my connectors to "continuity connectors" and have checked every line for noise + voltage inside and outside my home. My 1 to 3 splitter and filter were also replaced. All of that was done in hopes that it was an undetectable issue at the premise. It was not.

I have tried every trouble shooting technique I can think of to run as a consumer. Reboot gateway, Replace Gateway, check physical connections, disconnect everything from network except 1 wired PC to run tests.

Currently I am waiting for the area supervisor to acquire a "wide open modem" on Wednesday 11/11/2020 to come and split my outside line to catch the issue when it happens.  Upload speeds stays consistent even at night. Only the download speed is affected.

I have a done over 400 speed tests at various hours of the day on different servers in different cities and states over the past 12 Days of internet jackery at night. I have also run multiple traceroutes to comcast from a wired PC and directly on the GUI of the XB6 gateway. High pings, packet loss and timeouts occur randomly at " ae-151-1203-rur01.almeda.tx.houston.comcast.net [68.85.252.157] "  and  " ae-12-ar01.bearcreek.tx.houston.comcast.net [68.85.87.45] " It seems the repair teams don't want to look at the plant or IPX as a potential issue even though it potentially is.

My internet is unusable for about 12 hours a day. My smart home, devices and routines are severely messed up without internet and I am constantly having to do things manually. I have had to use my cellphone hotspot for internet the past 12 days while I work at night. I have already used 50GB on my hotspot and am quite upset with XFINITY. I asked for a hotspot from XFINITY mobile to use until this issue is resolved and was told it is not possible. --- really NOT a happy XFINITY customer since 2015.....

Does anyone here have any suggestions, or the ability to escalate this issue higher up?

Thanks,

Ray

Responses

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

9 m ago

SO update even though no one has responded.

The internet started working again at night (full gig speed) last night 11/11/2020... However the very next night 11/12/2020 it is back to speeds of 30 mbit down. With constant disconnects. This is an perpetual issue and has been ongoing since 10/28/2020. Like seriously??? Why??? Its already been ascertained that it's not a premise issue.

Like literally what the heck is going on at comcast?

I need my internet to work at night the same way it works in the day!!

Someone please help!

@ComcastJP @@ComcastJK @ComcastJC  Can one of you please provide some support for this issue?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

9 m ago

I've also been getting slow internet issues the same as you. They had a system maintenance which can cause an interruption to your service. They began work on 11/12/2020 12:47 AM (Mountain) and my internet is now up by 6:00am.

I've also been getting around 30 mbps download after the maintenance with the Gigabit Internet plan.. I would love to have it restored up to its original speed as well... The upload seems to be unaffected and maintained a consistent 35-40 mbps. Just the download speed that is affected.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

8 m ago

Hi, I am in Pearland, TX. Xfinity did not report any outages, or maintenance via the app or tech support when I called. Also, since this has been consistently occurring since 10/28/2020 and magically resolved itself for 1 night....  it must be on Xfinity's side. Yet it seems like the people I have communicated with at Xfinity are dumbfounded and not sure of where to start.  

Also I am getting a whole lot more Uncorrected CM Errors than corrected across all downstream channels while the issue is occuring. The packet loss is in the 40% range. I have wayy more uncorrected CM errors (like millions more) then corrected. The real funny part is the SNR and Power levels stay perfect during the issues.

New to the Community?

Start Here