42 Messages

Saturday, January 4th, 2020 9:00 AM

Closed

Gateway Page

Just got a new Gateway from Comcast.
Going to the Gateway page it will not let me log in with
username-admin
password-password
These have always worked in the past. Any suggestions?

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

See if you can do what you need to do with the gateway's settings using these alternate methods;

Note:  After changing your WiFi name or password, you must re-connect all of your WiFi-enabled devices by entering the updated network name and password under the device's WiFi settings.

View and Change Your WiFi Information Online with My Account

1. Log into My Account
    • If you do not remember your Xfinity username and password, please click here.
  2. Click Settings on the top of the page. You can also click Manage Settings on the right-hand side or scroll down and select the Manage Internet tile.
  3. Click WiFi Network & Password.
  4. Scroll down to WiFi network & Password and click Edit. From here you can change your WiFi network's name and password.

Note:  This online tool supports all current Xfinity Wireless Gateway models.

View and Change Your WiFi Information in the Xfinity My Account App

The Xfinity My Account app is a convenient tool that is used to manage users, billing and general settings
  1. Log into the Xfinity My Account app.
  2. Click Internet.
  3. Click on the modem/router/gateway that you wish to edit, and click Show WiFi settings to view your credentials and Change WiFi Settings to modify these settings.

View and Change Your WiFi Information with Xfinity xFi

1. Login at www.xfinity.com/myxFi or via the Xfinity xFi app (Download Apple / Android). Your WiFi name and password are displayed at the top of the Overview section.
    • Note: To access Xfinity xFi, you must be an Xfinity Internet customer with an xFi Gateway. For additional information, please see our Xfinity xFi Overview.
  2. Select Edit WiFi to change your WiFi name and/or password.
    Edit WiFi hyperlink is on right

3. Select Apply Changes after making any updates.

Tip:  Share your network information via text message  to give guests WiFi access while in your home.

View Your WiFi Information on X1

To view your wireless information via the X1 TV Box, you can press the   Microphone button on your X1 Voice Remote and say "What's my WiFi password?".

You can also navigate to the Xfinity xFi app using your X1 remote:
  1. Press the xfinity button on your remote control and select the Apps icon.
  2. Scroll down to the XFINITY row and then select the Xfinity xFi app.
  3. Select Show Wifi Password.
Tip:  You can navigate to the   People  and   Devices sections to view all the connected devices in your home and pause WiFi access for a specific device or group of devices.

If you do not have access to xFi, you can:
  1. Press the xfinity button on your remote.
  2. Scroll to the right in the menu provided and select the gear icon.
  3. Scroll down in the menu on the next screen and select Help.
  4. Scroll to the right and select the WiFi tile located under the Troubleshooting section.
  5. Your WiFi network name(s) and password will be displayed.

View Your WiFi Information for Your Xfinity Wireless Gateway

Your Xfinity Wireless Gateway comes with a default WiFi network name (also known as SSID) and password. If you have never personalized your WiFi network name and password, you can retrieve your default WiFi information on the side or bottom panel of your wireless gateway:
WiFi information from the bottom of a wireless router.

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

4 years ago

I went back and tried it again. This time it gave me the option of changing the password. I did that and all is fine. Question is why didn't it ask me that in the first place?
Thank you for your help.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

@ocala wrote:

I went back and tried it again. This time it gave me the option of changing the password. I did that and all is fine.

Glad to hear that !

Question is why didn't it ask me that in the first place?

I am unable to answer that, sorry.

Thank you for your help.

Quite welcome !

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here