FDSJr's profile

Contributor

• 

46 Messages

Saturday, January 4th, 2020 12:00 PM

Closed

Gateway doesn't recognize password when using Admin Tool

I am having problems using the Admin Tool to login to my Gateway.  I enter the user name (admin) and the password that I have been using for years.  I receive a message telling me that the password is incorrect.  The password that I am trying to use is the same password that I use to connect my two iPhones and my Samsung tablet to the Gateway with no connection problems at all.  Visitors to my home have used the password to connect their phones without difficulty.  Is it possible that there is another password that is used to login using the Admin Tool and I have forgotten it?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Unless you made it the same password as your Wi-Fi it won’t be the same. If password doesn’t work, you’d have to factory reset and start everything over. Cannot be recovered by customer service either

Expert

• 

103.6K Messages

4 years ago

@FDSJr wrote:

Is it possible that there is another password that is used to login using the Admin Tool and I have forgotten it?

password is the default password for accessing the gateway, unless you changed it at some point. You don't use the network key / password, that is used for giving devices access to your WiFi network.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

46 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks very much to both EG Expert and CCAndrew.  I tried the default value of "password" and received a message advising me that I am using the default password and I was prompted to change it.  I changed the password and all now seems to be well and working fine.  Thanks again to both of you for the help.

Expert

• 

103.6K Messages

4 years ago

Good to hear ! Thanks for posting back !
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here