U

Thursday, July 25th, 2024 10:40 PM

FW.IPv6 FORWARD drop and FW.IPv6 INPUT drop

Is there any solution to this issue? I am experiencing a problem with my firewall logging thousands of errors daily. My VPN keeps disconnecting and reconnecting, and my Teams meeting freezes and drops when I am working from home. However, the same VPN works well with my office internet.  

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

1 month ago

Hey there user_2aulsl, thank you for checking out our Forum for help with your connection issues. I'd like to ask a few questions to make sure we understand the full scope of the issue. Are you able to confirm if multiple devices are being impacted while connected to the VPN? Also, are you experiencing the same issues while not using VPN? I can see why this is so important since rely on that connection for work, and I have your back every step of the way. 

6 Messages

Hello, it’s just one device impacted. It does not drop without VPN.

I am using VPN at office but it works perfectly there.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

user_2aulsl, we may not be able to do much troubleshooting since the issue is only impacting the device connected to your VPN. By chance, have your worked with your emplolyers IT team to troublesoot? Or, if its your personal VPN, have you conacted them? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

6 Messages

I contacted my IT team, they told me it was an ISP issue since no other device using the same VPN experienced any drops. It would be helpful if you could troubleshoot the issue as the drop is very annoying, especially between my meetings. 

Official Employee

• 

792 Messages

user_2aulsl out of curiosity, are you using a wireless or hardwired connection when this issue occurs?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

6 Messages

It happens in both wired and wireless

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here