U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, April 20th, 2023 2:37 PM

Closed

FW.IPv6 FORWARD drop and FW.IPv6 INPUT drop

Firewall logging thousands of these error daily. 

My VPN into my office is constantly disconnecting and reconnecting, Teams meeting freezing and dropping.

Xfinity suggested that I upgrade my Modem so I purchased a new ARRIS Surfboard G34 DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem, the problem persists.

Is there any solution to this issue?

Problem Solver

• 

1.5K Messages

1 year ago

Could be your house wiring/splitters/amplifiers if you have them.  Might be upstream from you.  Pay particular attention to what your modem reports for line conditions -- Power/SNR/Errors/Channels not locking both upstream and downstream.  VPN software, especially if it uses TCP does not like long timeouts or broken active state connections. Then it has to re-establish the link. 

If you want to take a look at it yourself, start here:  https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/your-home-network/internet-troubleshooting-tips/602dae4ac5375f08cde52ea0   You can post the line statistics and error logs here (redact the MAC addresses in the error logs or the bot will mark it private and nobody will see it).

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 year ago

Hey there, @user_59d443! Thanks for reaching out with your VPN connectivity concerns. We are still here to help in any way that we can! Have you had a chance to run the suggested diagnostics mentioned by our Problem Solver a couple of days ago?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

you need to have a tech come out and switch the port your line is connected to and add some filters to the other lines. someone else's line has so much noise it is causing issues on your line and does not show up unless the tech tests the port device all the connections plug into. I had this exact same issue and took a month of research on my own and 3 different techs to finally get it fixed. But it is fixed. And i love it.

(edited)

Expert

• 

105.9K Messages

1 year ago

The original poster has not returned. 3-month-old dead thread is now being closed.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here