U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, May 3rd, 2022 5:35 PM

Closed

forwarding port 80/443 is not working anymore

A few days ago these ports all of a sudden have stopped working, I have not changed anything in my home network and they have previously been working for months.

I've followed a few steps from the following similar posts and none were successful:

Port forwarding and More recent post

I have tried almost everything in the posts above, including rebooting the router, several times, removing/re-adding the devices, and using both reserved and dhcp ip addresses.

I do not have the advanced security turned on, my IP of my device is using IPV4/DHCP and other port forwards are working just not the following ones that I've tried:

others that I have tried are working such as 8989, masked out my public IP but top is my port forward settings, middle is a sample nginx server using port 8989 the second from bottom is trying to reach port 80 publicly and lastly is reaching port 80 locally

I did not waste my time trying to call the support team at xfinity it seems that never gets anywhere but frustration on the customer's part.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I got same issue, same ports stop working and was working before. but I did call customer support and all they did is give me ticket number, that's all

Problem Solver

• 

577 Messages

2 years ago

@user_2f1c91 Hello and thank you for reaching out over our Xfinity Community Forum. I am so sorry to hear that you are experiencing these issues with Port Forwarding, and that none of the troubleshooting steps you have tried so far have worked. I would be more than happy to help in any way I can in troubleshooting this issue further. To continue, could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I want to add a bit more color/clarity/info here on what I'm seeing:

When I go to the IP of my router on my xFi modem (10.0.0.8), I am able to get the expected result from forwarding. I expect that 10.0.0.8:443 forwards to my router, which then forwards to the device on my router serving HTTPS traffic. This works.

So this shows the forwarding is working on the router; it's getting the 443 request and piping it through to the backing device.
However, despite this in my xFi settings:

A call to my public IP (hitting the xFi modem) to :443 fails as per the OP's initial post. And yes, I have Advanced Security turned off. Additionally, I have rebooted my modem since making the port fwd change.

@user_2f1c91 :
Let us know what, if any, solution you get from support!

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

497 Messages

Hi, @bc3tech

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@bc3tech​ So I had a work trip out of town, and ended up just trying to see if I can connect to my services running at home... It seems that if I am outside my home network I can connect to my services with my domain and subdomains pointed to my public IP, but if I am inside my network I cannot. I have to connect directly via LOCAL-IP:PORT.

So I am now super confused as to why this is happening, seems like the Xfinity router is not routing traffic properly.

Sorry for my late reply, was out of town for work.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I have one question for people on this thread, are you also using the White XFi modem/router? I have a feeling that they changed something in the firmware and we need to get a private router... I'm going to try next month to return my modem and buy a new one and test it out because it should not be this difficult to get a website up and running locally. As others have said it works remotely but not locally and even though I am an addicted hacker I have given up. Some workarounds I found is using a VPN to route the traffic externally and at the same time allowing remote access while connected to the VPN... But yeah it's ridiculous that these ports are not working as expected. I thought it was just me, after reading this thread (thank you so much OP) I decided its just incompetence specifically within the units firmware and how its preconfigured with regards to nat loopback maybe.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I have the same issue I switched from business class to residential recently

Even though checked ports to see if they are open and closed port checkers say port 80 is open.

I can view website stuff on localhost

But with IPV6 and IPV4 I can not get it outside world. 
I am sure its because of Windows 10 Not comcast

Ever since windows 10 came out they block port 80 from outside world. at least my issue.

I have done every trick in the book to get it to work so i can use my website again on my machine.

But its been years since I was able to do that because of Win10

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_f69390​ why I'm using their router: it's the only way to get UNLIMITED internet which I require as the 1tb limit is insufficient. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here