dbwjr's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, April 21st, 2020 4:00 PM

Closed

Forgot Password for Gateway - Simple Fix

Hello,

Recently a member of my family signed on to the Xfinity Gateway Portal (10.0.0.1) with the default sign-on (admin/password) in order to modify a couple settings. However they stated they were prompted to change their password to make it more secure and ended up forgetting it. I searched the web for a solution on how to sign in and change/retrieve the forgotten password but surprisingly I could not find any similar situations. I tried calling up and was directed to use the XFi app to modify future settings, however I would like to be able to sign in to the Gateway to overlook the modifications my family member made.

TL;DR: forgot password to xfinity gateway and need help retrieving it

Any help is appreciated!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

103.6K Messages

4 years ago

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I did a factory reset and I still cannot log in to the gateway with admin/password. I lost my password and I am trying to start over

Expert

• 

103.6K Messages

@rjgil

Please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue (copy your post and paste it there). Thanks. Re-closing this year old dead thread that was improperly re-opened by the new forum software / platform. A known issue that is being worked on. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here