U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, January 28th, 2023 4:04 PM

Closed

Flashing orange light at modem Ethernet port

When I started my Xfinity Internet service last September, I connected my Mac via ethernet using Netgear 200 Mbps Powerline adapters. (they run the signal through the household 120 V wiring system)

In the last month or so, I got a message from Xfinity saying they were increasing my service from 300 Mbps to 400 Mbps. I just returned from a 16 day trip and found this connection was no longer working. The ethernet socket at the back of the modem is now flashing orange and the LEDs on the two Powerline units indicate they are not carrying a signal.

I'm trying to decide if the 200 Mbps Powerlinks can’t work with the 400 Mbps service, or if they’ve gone bad and the timing is just a coincidence. Any ideas? 

What does the flashing Orange LED at the ethernet socket mean?

Thanks,
Russell

Problem Solver

• 

892 Messages

1 year ago

Hello @user_12eebd! I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your owned internet equipment. I would need to refer you to Netgear support for questions regarding their equipment. I am sorry.  

Are you having experiencing any issues with your internet services at all? 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

I understand that as an Xfinity employee you can't comment on any other product. However, I asked this question on a community forum, hoping someone else might be able to respond.

However could you ask my xfinity phone specific question: What does the flashing Orange LED at the ethernet socket of my modem mean?

Thanks,
Russell

Problem Solver

• 

892 Messages

1 year ago

I am sorry for my confusion, did you mean can you ask your Xfinity Mobile phone this question via Google voice? 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinitySelena​ what do you mean, Google voice? I didn’t say anything about that. :-)

I asked: what does the flashing orange light at the ethernet port (back of the Xfinity modem- not the front) mean?

Problem Solver

• 

874 Messages

Okay gotcha, I think this confused us "my xfinity phone specific" @user_12eebd. I apologize for that. I can locate that information but first what modem are you using? You mentioned the Netgear 200Mbps adaptors. Are you using a Netgear modem as well? Or are you renting a Xfinity modem? If you are renting a Xfinity modem is it an XB6, XB7 or XB8? If you are unsure this link will help https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/broadband-gateways-userguides 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here