U

Wednesday, July 3rd, 2024 8:12 PM

Extremely Frequent and Regular Loss of Internet to Modem

For the last 3 weeks since I've moved to this apartment, I have repeatedly lost Internet between the hours of 2-5pm CST every 5-10 minutes.

It seemed to not really happen in the rain.

I had a technician come out Sunday who said they found a gap and a splitter going to an unused apartment that they changed to go just to me.

Since then, I have had the same issue, just about, but now I disconnect at all times of the day.

The hours of 2-5pm are still the worst as during those times I'd be lucky to stay connected for more than 30sec when it really gets going. But I've tested all night and morning and I'll still lose Internet for at least a minute or so at late or low impact times like 1, 2, or 5am.

The following Monday it was a really bright and hot day. The modem light just turned solid read for about 2 hours with no change until I unplugged the modem and restarted it. That allowed it to return back to the frequent but brief disconnections.

I have a technician coming out tomorrow, but I'm posting here to use all available resources. I can't work, do school work, or even post here effectively because every time loses internet my webpages lose entered information.

Because of the regularity of the most serious disconnections I'm leaning towards it being heat and sun position related. Maybe an overcharged amp somewhere. But I don't know how to isolate the issue enough to make sure a technician can further isolate and resolve the issue, or at least tell me exactly what's wrong inside the apartment so I can request the proper fix from the complex. Cause just saying, "it's the complex's issue," is not helpful, nor will it aid me in getting an actual resolution as I keep paying Xfinity for a service I can't rely on.

If there are logs I can get from somewhere and post here that would help I will gladly do so. Reliable Internet is more important than ac nowadays.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

3 months ago

Hello @user_zr0d2h, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the connection, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

Expert

• 

106K Messages

3 months ago

@user_zr0d2h 

How did it go with the tech visit ?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here