S

Monday, August 12th, 2024 1:29 AM

Experiencing large lag spikes every 15 minutes

Hello all, I recently moved and installed Comcast internet and am experiencing large lag spikes.

The lag spikes (connected via ethernet) are about every 15 minutes, which is disruptive to both working and gaming. On the user side it feels as if you are disconnected to the online service for 15~30 seconds. I let the ping plotter app run and captured what I saw during one of the spikes: https://imgur.com/a/2mhzle9

As you can see, usually the latency is low. However, the latency suddenly spikes to over 2,000ms, starting at hop 2. My understanding is that this a connection issue between my modem and the nearest switch in the network. Is this indicative of an equipment issue?

The internet testing via the Xfinity app is not able to find issues because it does not coincide with one of these lag spikes, so it has been hard to flag the issue directly. However I would love any help in finding a resolution to ensure I can work and play with a stable connection! I am happy to provide any additional information.

Equipment: XB6 Gateway, renting from Comcast, using as both modem and router

Official Employee

• 

475 Messages

1 month ago

Good evening @ssesse. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

Expert

• 

106K Messages

1 month ago

@ssesse @XfinityRaf 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open public forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

2 Messages

1 month ago

Hello everyone,

I am closing this thread out with some feedback, as I was not able to reach a resolution.

I reached out via phone early last week and was informed by the representative that they would involve tier 2 support and to keep an eye out for a call. I never heard back.

I reached out via direct message here late last week and was informed that they could schedule a technician to come out. They confirmed with me that it would be between 1-3pm. I stayed home all afternoon but no one ever came. Looking at my phone app, it doesn't appear an appointment was ever even scheduled.

Due to the lack of communication and follow-through, I have decided to seek alternative Internet Service Providers.

Best,

Shohei

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here