Brandon1351's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Monday, April 20th, 2020 12:00 AM

Closed

Ethernet Ports Inactive?

Hello,

All of a sudden my xFI Gateway will not connect to my computer via ethernet. I logged into the router and under hardware/LAN Ethernet both ports are showing as "Inactive". Why would this have happened, and how can I make them active again? 

Also -- the lights on the back of the unit by the ports aren't lighting up at all anymore. I already tried a new ethernet cable and that did not work. Please assist -- thank you! 

Official Employee

• 

131 Messages

4 years ago

Hello, I am sorry that your Ethernet ports are not enabled for some reason because your account tied to the email you're using shows that bridge mode is turned off so that means your Ethernet ports should be working fine.  I will need you to send me a personal message and your full name and account number so that i can have permission to activately try to solve the problem.  You can also do a full factory reset of the Gateway modem if you wanted to and then it will automatcially have the Ethernet ports active. 

You have a few different ways to do the factory reset and "Note" when the factory reset is completed you will have to set up your network name and passwords again and everything will be reset to brand new on the Gateway modem.

Take a paperclip and turn the modem over and you will see a button/hole that says reset. Please stick the paperclip in it and hold it for about 45 seconds.  Then you should have your Ethernet ports working.  Please send me a personal message by clicking on my name ComcastJosh if that doesn't work for you and I will help you get it working. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I'm having the same issue.  When I initially set up the service in Dec. 2020 the ethernet ports didn't work correctly. They would work intermittently and one might work while the other would not. I put up with it until last week when I called tech support. I had a technician come out on 3/15 to replace the gateway and it worked for approximately 24 hours.  I reset the modem through the website and it worked for another 18 hours or so.  I called back into tech support yesterday and she reset it again.  It worked until sometime during the night and stopped working again.  I need the ethernet ports to work properly.  Please advise on what the next steps are.   

Expert

• 

106.2K Messages

4 years ago

@user_6e5951

Please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue. Thanks.  Year old dead now being closed.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here