U

Tuesday, July 9th, 2024 9:58 PM

Ethernet not working with online gaming

So about 3 weeks ago I started encountering disconnection to online gaming and to their respective  clients ( steam, EA, Epic games ) all of my online web surfing like YouTube, Netflix etc... work just fine. I connect to my wifi via ethernet I've been using  ethernet for years now and everything was good until I started getting " no connection  on steam and ea " being kicked out of every online game I played . 

I replaced my ethernet cable , I got a new ethernet  port for my PC 

I updated my drivers and even updated my BIOS 

I went to the store and replaced  my modem for the 8th Gen and still ethernet wasn't working , 

I called a xfinity technician  for him just to tell me it's my device . 

He even replaced  my 8th Gen modem back to the 7th Gen and it worked  for a good hour but then it went to doing the same thing " no connection " 

I've done everything to my PC it's honestly  getting annoying everything I ask for help they tell me " try restarting " I've done countless times and nothing has fixed my problem , I'm honestly thinking switching  internet  providers to see if that's the problem . 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

2 months ago

Thank you for reaching out to us @user_twmb09! I really appreciate all these details! Have you noticed if other devices are having connection issues when your PC is having this issue?

2 Messages

2 months ago

Im having the same exact problem, I can't play any Epic games and downloads are not as fast as they should be. Help would be very appreciated.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here