jbbarry2003's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Fri, Apr 9, 2021 11:37 PM

Ethernet is not working on new Gateway

The light on the gateway ethernet port goes on when I turn on the computer but goes off and there is no connection.  Do the ethernet ports need to be activated?  I had this happen when I had a gateway a year ago and I took the gateway back and got a non gateway and the ethernet worked fine.  Now xfinity says I have to use the gateway and my ethernet doesn't work and I need to use ethernet for work.

Responses

EG

Expert

• 

86.5K Messages

1 m ago

First. Have you tried using a different (known to be good) ethernet cable ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick
ComcastAmir

Official Employee

• 

6.3K Messages

1 m ago

Hi jbbarry2003, are you using your own modem or are you using a Xfinity modem to connect to the internet? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
EG

Expert

• 

86.5K Messages

1 m ago

N.M.............

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

1 m ago

I recently got the new gateway too. Is your gateway near you're computer? Mine is in my attic and to get it to work, I connected it to a router and then a 16 port switch. 

New to the Community?

Start Here