U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, May 9th, 2022 8:27 PM

Closed

Echo dot can’t find xfinity wifi

We just moved and switched to Xfinity from AT&T. My echo dot can’t find the new xfinity network. It worked fine with AT&T. The setup page on the Alexa app just keeps spinning. Every other device I have; iPhones, IPads, MacBooks, Roku and and HP printer connect with no problem. I haven’t seen any useful response from xfinity, or Amazon, about this problem.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

2 years ago

@user_3ddff3 - Thank you for choosing Xfinity, we're thrilled to learn you've made the switch! We appricate you helping the community grow here on the Xfinty Forums as well. I'm happy to learn all other devices have been connecting well, and we can work together to assist with connecting your echo dot. May I ask which generation model of the echo dot you're using? 

I also wanted to quickly share some information about connecting an echo device to Xfinity Wi-Fi. To start, open the Alexa app and go to the Menu. Select Settings, then select Wi-Fi. Select Add Network and enter your Xfinity username and password. Are you receiving an error message or code when trying these steps? Or, is your home network name not population for you to select? 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityThomasA​ 

4 gen echo dot.

When I go to settings the only thing showing under WiFi is my old network and change. No way to add a network. If I push change it takes me to the setup and  it gets stuck looking for a network.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

👍 Great job! Thank you so much for posting the solution here as well. It may help other readers trying to connect their Echo Dot, and keeps in spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

2 years ago

Gotcha, thank you for the update and for letting us know. I know it can become frustrating if you're unable to connect, we'll get this sorted out. Where is the modem located in relation to the echo dot? It sounds like the old network information is saved within the device. Is there an option to select to have ithe echo dot forget the network name so that you can enter your new one? If you had not already, can you try unplugging the echo dot for a minute or two and try once more? 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityThomasA​ I figured it out. I reset the echo and erased all old information. Then I set it up like a new device.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here