U

Monday, June 3rd, 2024 8:22 AM

Drops like clockwork every night

Internet drops like clockwork at almost religiously midnight and will be perfect by 7am. Had to escalate through FCC and tech came and said they ran new splitters and line and that I needed to call an electrician to run a new wall wire. Modem replaced also. The company they referred me to is 289 minimum and I asked if that didn't resolve the issue would they credit me and I was told no. So I've seen older similar posts and curious if anyone else still sees similar? 5 months of this, so how can "bad wiring" always go down at around midnight and then go back to perfect around 7am? It's so consistent that one night I told my wife we had about 20 minutes to go and poof... went out 25 minutes later. Makes no sense to me at all. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

4 months ago

Hello there and welcome to Comcast @user_mifu55. I am sorry to hear that you are having troubles with your service. Thank you so much for reaching out to us on our Xfinity Communities Forums page. We value your time, and we will make sure to address your concern.

I see that you mentioned that your Internet drops at midnight all the time and that it is perfect at 7am. So from midnight to 7 do you not have Internet service? Now you can always get your own electrician to do your inside wiring. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 months ago

Honestly, I can't fathom a scenario where a wire has a magical property where it works and then *poof* turns back into a pumpkin at midnight. Logic dictates that it must be something else, right? I've been perusing the forums here for a little bit today and WOW - I have literally very little faith in the company anymore.

1 Message

3 months ago

I'm having the same issue.  Mine stops working around 10pm and is gone until the next morning.  I've never had this issue in the past, but now it's been happening every night for two weeks. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_utl0bv Thanks for making us aware that your experiencing this intermittent internet issue via Forums. This daily reboot is a scheduled event for maintenance purposes, but normally shouldn't last a long time. Have you attempted to manually reboot your modem by using the incredible Xfinity app? How about a power cycle, have you tried that?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here