U

Tuesday, July 23rd, 2024 6:18 PM

Drop Amplifier

Hi,

A couple of weeks ago my internet service stopped working.  I went through the online trouble shooting with support and they could not see my modem.  Set up a technician visit that was scheduled several days out.  While waiting I decided to try and bypass my Drop Amplifier CSMAPDU9VP at which point my service was restored.  I canceled the service call and ordered a new Drop Amplifier, same model number.  After installation of the new amplifier and power supply and terminating all unused ports with 75 ohm terminators, I still lose internet service with the amplifier in place.

I'm not sure what to do next.  With the amplifier bypassed I see about 600Mbps at the cable modem.

Thanks for your assistance.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

2 months ago

Thank you for choosing Xfinity and for the detailed post, user_e52s68. An expert Xfinity technician would be needed for a drop amplifier. We can help. Please send a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon at the top right of this forum's page.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here