S

Monday, April 15th, 2024 12:40 PM

doh.xfinity.com Antivirus error

My antivirus software picked up this error, any idea what this means and why its coming from xfinity? Thanks

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

6 months ago

Hello smallwood_er

From looking at the URL, that is not a Xfinity website. Make sure to pay attention to the URL, if there is anything other than Xfinity.com involved, it would normally not be valid. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

6 months ago

Did you look at the address? It is a valid xfinity.com address. DOH is "DNS over HTTPS".

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 months ago

@XfinityThomasB wrote:  "... From looking at the URL, that is not a Xfinity website ..."

(sigh) A Whois lookup at https://centralops.net/co/DomainDossier.aspx says:

Registrar: CSC CORPORATE DOMAINS, INC.
Registrant Name: Comcast Domains
Registrant Organization: Comcast Corporation
Registrant Street: 1701 JFK Blvd.
Registrant City: Philadelphia
Registrant State/Province: PA
Registrant Postal Code: 19103
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Email: hostmaster (at) comcast.com
Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

2 Messages

6 months ago

Is it normal to be getting this? Thanks for checking that it is actually from Xfinity... Just don't know why I keep getting pinged by them. It just occurred randomly as well.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Great question, @smallwood_er! If you ever feel the need to report online safety issues, spam and phising emails, firewall attacks, identity theft, or blocked websites, you can reach out to our Customer Security Assurance (CSA) team. They're available 8 AM - 12 AM EST, 7 days a week! I hope this helps.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here