alanfrye's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Jan 28, 2021 8:00 PM

Does the Xfinity Speed Test contribute to my data download allocation?

Does the Xfinity Speed Test contribute to my data download allocation?

I have noticed that each time I execute that test, close to 1GB of data is downloaded through the entire test. Does this data go toward my overall download caps?

I ask because I have been executing it more frequently lately due to spotty service. I thought I was having issues with my WIFI, but there are significant lulls on my ethernet connected devices across the day. 

It seems a little crass to offer a free troubleshooting tool that you recommend we use before submitting questions when you then do not exclude the execution from your data limits. I just want to know where we (customers) stand.

Responses

NoNoBadPuppy

Contributor

• 

40 Messages

3 m ago

Yes, it counts against your cap, but each use consumes only a very tiny amount of data. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

2 m ago

I was measuring 1GB a pop. That is not a very small amount of data to me - especially when I am running this multiple times a day to chase down Xfinity issues - everyday.

Contributor

• 

40 Messages

2 m ago

You would have to run a speedtest 40 times a day in order to reach your data cap.  You should not have to run one that many times a day.  If you are having issues during the same timeframe every day, then it is most likely a node issue.  If the problems are inconsistent, then it is either a local hardware issue, or a line issue.  Have you had a technician come out and verify line quality and line levels? 

EG

Expert

• 

86.1K Messages

2 m ago

@alanfrye wrote:

I am running this multiple times a day to chase down Xfinity issues - everyday.

Please describe the "Issues" in detail.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New to the Community?

Start Here