R

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, September 14th, 2023 4:27 PM

Closed

Do I still need to use Xfinity's equipment for faster upload speeds?

I noticed on my account page that for my current internet plan (Gigabit), it shows the speeds listed as up to 1000 Down and 100 up.  Do I still need to use Xfinity's equipment to achieve the faster upload?  I'm currently only getting 20-22 Mbps for my upload, which I believe is the old speed for the Gigabit plan.   I called Xfinity and they said my current equipment does indeed support the faster upload speeds and to reboot my equipment.  Unfortunately even after a reboot the speed didn't change.

I can get close to the 1000 down no problem, but it'd be nice to get that faster upload speed.

My current equipment:

NetGear CM2000 Cable Modem

-Rum

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

1 year ago

Hello, @RumDawg. I hope you're having a great Saturday morning. I'm sorry to hear rebooting your modem didn't help increase your upload speeds. There are only certain modem models that can support the Next Gen speeds. I don't see your modem type in the list of devices but you're welcome to confirm by visiting this link https://www.xfinity.com/support/devices/#unauth.

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

8 months ago

Your downstream hardware needs to support Next Gen speeds as well. I'm using a Arris S33 that can do 2.33Gbps downloads but I can only realize 850-950mbps on my 2019 Mac with a 1GB ethernet card. Apple (and everyone else)  is now offering a faster Ethernet card (10GB) which will support Next Gen speeds.

1 Message

8 months ago

I am also using the CM2000 and hoping Xfinity will support this device for higher upload speeds, as I purchased it in July thinking I was future proofed as far as up\down speeds go...

1 Message

8 months ago

I have a Netgear CAX80 which is on the list of recommended devices and I only get 30mbps up and +1GB down and I'm on a Macbook Pro with a network card capable of 5 Gb/s

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here