R

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, September 14th, 2023 4:27 PM

Closed

Do I still need to use Xfinity's equipment for faster upload speeds?

I noticed on my account page that for my current internet plan (Gigabit), it shows the speeds listed as up to 1000 Down and 100 up.  Do I still need to use Xfinity's equipment to achieve the faster upload?  I'm currently only getting 20-22 Mbps for my upload, which I believe is the old speed for the Gigabit plan.   I called Xfinity and they said my current equipment does indeed support the faster upload speeds and to reboot my equipment.  Unfortunately even after a reboot the speed didn't change.

I can get close to the 1000 down no problem, but it'd be nice to get that faster upload speed.

My current equipment:

NetGear CM2000 Cable Modem

-Rum

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

10 months ago

Hello, @RumDawg. I hope you're having a great Saturday morning. I'm sorry to hear rebooting your modem didn't help increase your upload speeds. There are only certain modem models that can support the Next Gen speeds. I don't see your modem type in the list of devices but you're welcome to confirm by visiting this link https://www.xfinity.com/support/devices/#unauth.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Hi XfinityRaul,

Thank you for your reply.  Your are correct, I do not see my device listed on that link you sent.  However, when I first signed up for the Gigabit plan, my modem was listed as a supported device.     I did a little more searching and found a different page that listed all supported devices https://assets.xfinity.com/assets/dotcom/projects/cix-4997_compatible-devices/2023.09.11%20Full%20List%20of%20Compatible%20Devices.docx%20-%20vF.pdf

My device is listed on that list but it isn't shown as a "Next Gen Speed tier" device, it's not even considered a recommended device which is a little surprising since both the CM1000 and CM2050 are both recommended.  Is it possible that it could be added in the future?

-Rum

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Great questions @RumDawg it is hard to say what may or may not be added or removed in the future. Since we are not direct developers we are not able to provide such expectations. Thank you for your understanding. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

but the CM2000 and my Motorola MB8600 support over 100 mbps upload. So why aren’t they receiving it?

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

@user_dhhahe

Additional compatible devices will be added regularly, so check the compatible device list frequently. Right now these are the only devices compatible with our Next Generation speeds:

CommScope G54 
Hitron Technologies CODA 
Hitron Technologies CODA56 
Netgear CM2050v 
Netgear CM3000

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

7 months ago

Your downstream hardware needs to support Next Gen speeds as well. I'm using a Arris S33 that can do 2.33Gbps downloads but I can only realize 850-950mbps on my 2019 Mac with a 1GB ethernet card. Apple (and everyone else)  is now offering a faster Ethernet card (10GB) which will support Next Gen speeds.

1 Message

7 months ago

I am also using the CM2000 and hoping Xfinity will support this device for higher upload speeds, as I purchased it in July thinking I was future proofed as far as up\down speeds go...

1 Message

6 months ago

I have a Netgear CAX80 which is on the list of recommended devices and I only get 30mbps up and +1GB down and I'm on a Macbook Pro with a network card capable of 5 Gb/s

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here