zballa's profile

New Poster

• 

10 Messages

Friday, August 16th, 2024 2:01 PM

DNS Issue

Does anyone have any DNS issues, meaning, long latency using Comcast DNS servers? I had the same issue a few months ago and the solution was to a tech to come out and do some work outside my house

1 Message

1 month ago

I'm having a similar problem with any DNS, and coincidentally just after a week of service outages in my area of Colorado.

After power cycling my self-owned modem and router, connectivity will be fine for about an hour or less. Then all of a sudden DNS lookups fail.

Had Xfinity service since moving here in 2019 with absolutely no issues. Now this all of a sudden is happening.

The virtual assistant now only suggests to have a technician visit. I've changed nothing except for power cycling!

(edited)

New Poster

• 

10 Messages

@user_md6z7f​ I fed up with this [Edited: "Language"]. A few months ago I had the same issue that they constantly told me that everything is fine at Comcast Land. Than someone sent out a tech and he had to replace just about everything outside of my house. Now the same thing is happening and can't get anyone on the phone or on a chat session. I had enough of this [Edited: "Language"], I am going to get Fios installed on Monday, get the same speed, Gigabit, and will save $30 a month for four years. I have no idea how [Edited: "Inflammatory"] are still in business. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

zballa I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing DNS issues with long latency— that can be frustrating! While it’s great to hear that a tech visit resolved the issue last time, I can understand why you’d be concerned that the problem has returned. There could be a few factors at play here, and it might be worth exploring some options to see if we can help resolve this remotely before needing another tech visit. Sometimes, network congestion or external factors can cause temporary disruptions.

Have you tried resetting your modem? If that doesn’t help, I’d be happy to assist in arranging for a technician to come out and assess the situation again. We’re here to make sure your service runs smoothly!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

@user_md6z7f Thanks for coming to our community for help with your internet connection and proactively advising the bot recommended a tech. I would like to look over your account and help in more detail. Can you please click the Direct Message icon at the top right of the page, click on the pen and pad icon, enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat, and provide us with your first/last name and full address so we may further assist you?

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here