B

Saturday, August 24th, 2024 3:39 AM

Disabling WiFi Radios Completely on a Cisco Model DPC3941T Gateway

This question/request is for a Xfinity support agent who specializes in home Wifi. I first sign up with Xfinity Internet Essentials in 2018 and was loaned the Cisco Model DPC3941T Gateway and I did everything on my end to disable the radios (bridge mode enabled and disabled) and still the radios were broadcasting and the light continued flashing. Calling Xfinity support was unsuccessful until I was transferred to a supervisor or higher and he was able to turn the radios off completely (the lights stopped flashing 24/7) and didn't start flashing again if my memory serves me until months later when there was a modem update and then I had to repeat the process all over again ☹. A couple days ago I made the HUGE mistake of enabling the radios in the modem gateway so I could use WiFi for an hour thinking I'd be able to turn them off but NO! I should have learned my lesson from past experience that with the Cisco Model DPC3941T Gateway only an agent with advanced tools will be able to turn the radios completely off. The lower level agents have always been unsuccessful turning the radios off and it's a waste of time asking for their support. They will say that the WiFi has been disabled (and the gateway indicates WiFi disabled) but the radios continue broadcasting frequencies and the lights are flashing and I can detect the frequencies emitting with my Cornet Electrosmog frequency meter. I trust that Xfinity support knows who I am and where I'm located and can apply the necessary fix. I'll NEVER ENABLE WIFI IN THE Cisco Model DPC3941T Gateway AGAIN!

I'm aware there are gateways that are compatible with Xfinity that with a push of a button on the front panel the WiFi radios can be turned off or on and I'm seriously thinking of buying one so that if I need to use WiFi for 30 minutes or an hour once or twice a month I'll be able to do it with a simple push of a button and when I'm done I'll push the button again and the radios will completely turn off.

Visitor

• 

19 Messages

21 days ago

There's always the Faraday bags, put it over the gateway and take it off when you want WiFi. The rental gateways have always had the "problem" of radios being re-enabled at the drop of a hat.

https://a.co/d/0hUV4yc

😉

Expert

• 

105.9K Messages

And perhaps it would run too hot in an enclosed bag ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

20 days ago

Barnicle_Bill Thank you so much for your post for help with disabling the Wi-Fi radio signals for your modem. If you are still in need of assistance we would be more than happy to help make sure you can get this setting corrected. If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.

2 Messages

15 days ago

There's a flaw inherent in the Cisco Model DPC3941T Gateway which makes disabling WiFi nearly impossible (one needs an Xfinity decoder ring and secret password😁)  so I purchased a Netgear AC1750 Model C6300v2 modem/gateway (something I should have done years ago) and disabling/enabeling WiFi is as easy a pushing a button located on the front panel. Most Xfinity customers want WiFi enabled 24/7 but some customers like myself only need WiFi enabled for brief periods to update our smartphones or tablets otherwise we have no need for WiFi.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here