anne66433's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, November 15th, 2020 7:00 AM

Closed

Disabling MoCa.... Again again

Hello,

I am struggling to disable my MoCa connection (I want to reduce Emf, especially dirty electricity and do not need the MoCa as I’ve established Ethernet connections throughout the whole house). After two hour call with Xfinity, I thought it was finally disabled, but it (Moca) turned itself back on the next day. I’ve read a few threads that suggest this is a common problem. I’m really new to all this so have no idea what to do— would it work to get a new modem/router? How do I make sure that MocA is not running throughout the entire house?

Thanks so much!
A

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

4 years ago

@anne66433 wrote:
Hello,

I am struggling to disable my MoCa connection (I want to reduce Emf, especially dirty electricity and do not need the MoCa as I’ve established Ethernet connections throughout the whole house). After two hour call with Xfinity, I thought it was finally disabled, but it (Moca) turned itself back on the next day. I’ve read a few threads that suggest this is a common problem. I’m really new to all this so have no idea what to do— would it work to get a new modem/router? How do I make sure that MocA is not running throughout the entire house?

What model modem/router/gateway do you have?  Have you logged into its' admin page to check any MoCA settings?  Do you have any MoCA adapters generating/receiving MoCA signals over your home coax network?

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

4 years ago

@anne66433 wrote:
Hello,

Thanks so much!
A

A well-known issue. Purchase your own equipment !

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you for your response--Im very new to this so want to make sure I understand. If I buy a new modem/router (like the JRS low EMF one, for instance) and replace the comcast one, will that just automatically turn off the MoCa (meaning it won't be flowing through all the wires in the house, creating EMF)? Does this disrupt the TV connection at all, or I imagine that might depend on the set up (I just don't know how to tell)? THANK YOU!

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Just had the same issue myself on an XB6. You have to disconnect the Coaxial cable from the modem/router because as long as the MoCA sees a device, it will not disable. Leave the ethernet plugged in so you can get to the gateway admin interface. Once the Coax Cable is disconnected from the modem/router, disable the MoCA. It will say disabling for about 20 seconds, then it will actually stick. Afterwards you will need to reboot the modem/router.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here