nclatwor1's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, January 26th, 2021 9:00 AM

Closed

Disabling IPv6 in the Xfinity XFi Gateway to use only IPv4

I am using a VPN on my Xfinity home network. My VPN provider is saying that my Xfinity internet is setup to use IPv6 protocol and the VPN cannot handle IPv6 only IPv4. The VPN provider asked that I contact my ISP (Xfinity ) to see if IPv6 can be disabled on my Xfinity XFi gateway/ router to only use IPv4. I am using an iPAD where IPv6 cannot be disabled on the device so the they are telling me that IPv6 has to be disabled in the Xfinity XFi Gateway somehow. Note: I have talked and chatted to 4 Xfinity agents now and not one of them can help, hoping the forum can help

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

xFinity Gateway for some unknow reason will NOT issue an IPV4 address to SOME devices. I have no clue why this is. I have two devices that I had to force to use a static IPV4 address by going to the netowkr connection for my home network on each device, turn off DHCP, set it to manual, and issue these devices a static IPV4 address from my home network private IP range that are not in use. If xFinity folks ever read these things, you DO have a problem that needs to be fixed. Please fix this. It has also taken down my home security system which doesn't allow me to use this workaround because there is no UI to force a static address on the wireless connection so I am now without a security device for my home.

Thanks xFinity!!!

;^<

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

Hello user_24b56e, I'd be happy to assist you with getting this issue resolved so that you can use your home security device. To better assist you could you please tell me if you're using your own modem or an Xfinity Branded modem in your home? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here