akozaria's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, April 8th, 2020 5:00 PM

Closed

Disable "SIP ALG" in Comcast/Xfinity provided Arris TG1682G Router/Modem

I need to Disable "SIP ALG" in my Comcast provided Arris TG1682G Router/Modem. I do not see an option to disable this when attaching to the admin/web console of the modem using 10.0.0.1. Does anyone know if this can be done? Or do I need to put the unit into "Bridge" modem and purchase another Wireless Router that supports disabling the "SIP ALG" option? Please let me know what you know. Thank you!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I do not really know if xfinity knows how to disable this. called several time and they do not know what SIP ALG is and will research and hangs up the phone call. Only solution give them up and find another carrier. Xfinity service is getting bad and SUPER BAD. They are so disppointing.

Expert

• 

106.7K Messages

4 years ago

@Algane 

Please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue. Thanks. 8 month old dead now being closed.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Troublshooting my MajicJack phone device. it says to ensure that the SIP ALG is disabled.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

How to disable SIP ALG?

Expert

• 

106.7K Messages

@user_4764b7

Please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue (copy your post and paste it there). Thanks. Re-closing this 17-month-old dead thread that was improperly re-opened by the new forum software / platform. A known issue that is being worked on.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here