chonger's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, July 7th, 2020 11:00 PM

Closed

DHCP reservations

I understand we cannot have static IP addresses with xfinity residential accounts.  Is this correct?  If we can't do this can we at least specify a range of IPs to exclude from the DHCP pool?  How would I go about doing this?

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

Correct. Only Business Class subscribers can get a statically assigned WAN / public IP addy. 

(edited)

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Are you talking about a static external IP address?  If so, skip this 🙂

If you are referring to internal IP addresses handed out by the xfinity router (DHCP), then it is impossible to simply mark an IP as reserved.

The only work around I have found is to setup port forwarding with an unused port to that device/IP.  Then xfininty saves the reservation.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Logging in directly to the cable modem (on my network its xxx.xxx.0.1) I used to be able to add DHCP reservations and to limit the DHCP pool.  However, recently as of the last 6 months or so) I have found that I can't seem to add Reservations, it errors out.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

@SkippingMatt 

Please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue. Thanks. 10 month old dead thread now being closed.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here