U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, July 28th, 2024 1:27 AM

Devices that require 2.4 GHz can’t connect

All solutions offered seem to require splitting the 2.4 and 5 bands, but the latest Xfinity gateway doesn’t allow users to make changes. Comcast forced the new gateway on me and insisted on combining bands, and now my smart devices won’t work. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 months ago

I have the Xfinity Xb7 gateway. 

Official Employee

• 

737 Messages

user_32f340 Hello, are you still having issues with devices that can't connect to the 2.4 GHz band?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Yes. My Sonos One and my LG air conditioner. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Thanks for the update, @user_32f340. When you go into rename your network's name and password, do you see the option to update your information on the Xfinity App? https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/view-change-wifi-password

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

In the app it appears that I can change the network name and password. I do not see the word “update “.  I can hit “save” after changing the network name and password. 

Official Employee

• 

737 Messages

user_32f340 OK, let's look further into this. I would like to look at your account. Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here