Gold3nh4ndz's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, May 5th, 2020 9:00 AM

Closed

Ddos Attack

My home internet has been under attack for over two week and xfinity has been no help whatsoever. Half the agents do not know what a DDos attack is! The help/report / abuse tier has not been able to help I have been waiting for them to call me back for Days! My wife is working from home during the Covid - 19 pandemic and I have been forced to tether my mobile internet to keep her connected and now I'm being throttled because I have gone over my mobile data plan. I need help please someone in Xfinity help. This has been the most frustrating experience.

This is a verified DDos attack. My son is a Twitch streamer and a person that has a grudge against my son and has admitted he has several people attacking our internet.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2K Messages

4 years ago

@Gold3nh4ndz wrote:
My home internet has been under attack for over two week and xfinity has been no help whatsoever. Half the agents do not know what a DDos attack is! The help/report / abuse tier has not been able to help I have been waiting for them to call me back for Days! My wife is working from home during the Covid - 19 pandemic and I have been forced to tether my mobile internet to keep her connected and now I'm being throttled because I have gone over my mobile data plan. I need help please someone in Xfinity help. This has been the most frustrating experience.

This is a verified DDos attack. My son is a Twitch streamer and a person that has a grudge against my son and has admitted he has several people attacking our internet.

Do you have a leased Xfinity gateway? If you do, you can either swap it out for a different one, or set it to Bridge Mode and use your own router.  That will change the IP address of your system and mitigate the attacks temporarily, at least until the next time your son gets on Twitch again. 

I'm going to leave the business of netiquette and internet safety discussions between you and your son. 

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I tried to bridge the other router but no luck. My modem has no internet connection. Still without internet after two months. I have changed my firewall settings to custom blocking Ident and Icmp for both IPv4 and Ipv6 and still nothing.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I am in the same boat!!! I called xfinity had atleast 10 and counting techs come out and they dont know what to do they just make up something to say i guess. i have my own modem C7000v2 netgear.  I even talked to netgear as well and its like people that are suppose to be experts in this field arent. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

My attacks started happening on the first of june, I thought it was something cause by maintence, so I had a tech come over and he said there was nothing but i could check my logs on my personal modem, I saw that somebody had been spamming me with Dos Attacks : "Ping of Death", "teardrop or deriviative". Im currently calling the secuirity department, been on hold for over an hour. I don't think theres much i can do. I tried doing something on netgear but it didnt take long for the person to fine my new ip and launch even more attacks. I must of did something to make this guy mad, but i honestly dont know whats happening. It seems when i try to fix my internet or look something relating to fixing my internet. My internet completely goes dark, Nobody at xfinity knows what ddos attacks are, which is something fundamental. If anyone finds a way to solve this, post it.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I'd like to know how this person is consistently acquiring your IP address (could be occuring in game depending on the game). There is an easy solution however, you son needs to use a VPN. High profile streamers often become targets so they have to run their online gaming sessions via a VPN else they get DDOSed.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I've been ddosed 4 times in the past month. It's fairly simple to be attacked nowadays. If you're playing an online video game through a console (xbox/ps4), all someone has to do is type your username into a search engine (I'm not going to post the link) of the website and it shows your IP address. They then initiate the attack from there to keep you from playing the game so that they can win.

The best way around it is by having a VPN. But, Xfinity routers do not support VPNs. The best way is to download the VPN to your laptop then connecting your laptop to the console. It's a tedious process. I had to purchase an adapter for the ethernet cable because my macbook doesn't have that port. 

I've contacted Xfinity to tell them but they're clueless. I've asked what more security I can add on and they have no idea what I'm talking about. I've asked if they could change my IP  - same thing. I've contacted Microsoft but they say there's nothing they can do either.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here