U

Wednesday, July 31st, 2024 2:29 PM

Data usage skyrocketed from under 22GB used in February to 513GB used in March, almost reaching the max limit each month after AND....

...according to xfinity, this month I have gone past my limit of 1.2TB. Yesterday I was charged an additional $10 per GB and today it says I am being charged $20. What in the [Edited: Language] is going on??? It's just me and my young daughter using the internet. Mostly streaming movies. Xfinity can't figure out what is going on and I was on the phone with them for over 2 hours and after reseting, renaming my modem/router and changing the password. Xfinity says that because I own my own modem they can't see which devices are connected to my internet. Seems a bit sketchy to me like some tactic xfinity might be using to either get their customers to rent their equipment or to upsell us on bigger data packages..... πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”.

For the record....xfinity issued an $11.61 credit to my account yesterday perhaps to cover the $10 fee? But now it's at $20 and we were asleep throughout the night and not using ANY data yet now I'm at over 1.3TB used.....[Edited: Language]?!?!?! 😳🀯😫😑

Official Employee

Β β€’Β 

1.1K Messages

2 months ago

Hello @user_p374ux Thank you for reaching out to us on our Xfinity forums for help with this usage issue and charges. I'm sorry to hear you have had a difficult time working with our teams to figure out the issue. I would love to try and help or at least get you in contact with our security team who may be able to help out. Have you talked with our Comcast security assurance team? If anyone is able to access modem details, it would be them. 
Please send us a direct message with your name and service address. I would love the opportunity to help investigate this for us! 

To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3J0ir1l
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here