R

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

Wednesday, January 31st, 2024 1:05 PM

Closed

Data Usage page does not display in web browser

https://xfinity.com/usagemeter 

Does not display any information. As I will be charged if I go over my allotted 1.2TB of data, it is very important that I be able to check on my data use. While I understand this information can be obtained from the phone application, this is an unacceptable solution, as my computer is what is using the majority of the data. Please resolve this issue.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

8 months ago

Does not display any information. ...

https://customer.xfinity.com/#/devices#usage should work, although you may need to sign in several times using your Primary ID or a Manager ID.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

That has not been the case for the last three months, as I was checking my data usage on a daily basis. I would say if you have to sign in several times, it is NOT working.

This came up today as I received the e-mail that I was over 75% usage and it has the referenced link in the e-mail. I went to the link multiple times and did not receive the required information.

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

This is what I receive when I attempt to access https://customer.xfinity.com/#/devices#usage.

4 Messages

@RKilroy​    Just an fyi...  when I typed Data Usage into the Chat Assistant it provided me with some data usage... better then nothing.   Not sure what the Data Usage page normally shows to see if more informative.

4 Messages

Sorry, just noticed the multiple comments...   I'm sure you are aware of the Chat Assistant method.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

8 months ago

This problem with not being able to use the Data Usage screen and having to use the "Xfinity Assistant" bot has been going on for many months.  There have been numerous complaints from customers made right here and Xfinity is not fixing (or acknowledging) this ongoing problem.  This is yet another example of why Xfinity/Comcast has had some of the worst Customer service ratings in their industry for years.  When the day arrives that Xfinity can no longer monopolize our internet service, I believe the exodus will be massive to another choice.  I've been waiting for decades for a competing high speed internet alternative and am still waiting for it to arrive.  There are other Internet choices building today and when they get here, I believe many customers will have zero allegiance to Xfinity/Comcast. 

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

I'm being a nice guy first, then I will forward my complaint to my State Attorney General. If you're going to have a data cap you have to allow people to be able to view how much data they have left. If you are sending them a link to check their used data, that link needs to work, I'm sure the Attorney General would agree.

I'd advise fixing now while it is cheap and before you are legally mandated to fix it.

New Poster

• 

15 Messages

What state are you in.  I just received an email that my "overage" bill is now up to $50.  As far as I know, I never was over before and so should have a "courtesy" month free.  And the xfinity "AI" chat is downright insulting.  I'm printing all these comments to PDF's in case I need evidence for the Texas Atty General.

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

8 months ago

I would say if you have to sign in several times, it is NOT working. This is from someone who works in the information technology field. If I told my users you just have to try a few times until it works, I'd be looking for work myself shortly.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

RKilroy, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support. We would be happy to take a look at your account and see what is going on. Please send us a DM with your name and full address by doing the following: 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

8 months ago

For anyone who's interested. I did the DM, ending up working with someone who ensured that my modem is up to date. They have concerns over my signal. I connect to the same page, via RDP over VPN to my work computer (yes, I work in IT) and have the same results. Showing the issue is not with my computer or my network. However, they are still going to roll a truck to check the signal and cannot accept the fact that the issue is with their web page.

1 Message

8 months ago

i have this exact same problem, haven't been able to check since nov of 2023.

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

Hello, @user_ivg3wj thank you for taking time out of your day to reply to this post, and want to ensure you're able to get assistance with your data meter not being accessible. We do have an awesome team of experts at or Customer Security Assurance department that can help with the data usage meter. 

They are available 7 days a week between 8am - 12am ET, by calling 1-800-XFINITY (934-6489)  https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/do-not-see-usage-meter. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

8 months ago

I've started checking daily and will give it a week before I contact my state attorney general.

This  is what I see when the page is load. What is supposed to happen is that the graph showing my data usage, along with the corresponding numbers, is supposed to show in the Red Boxed area between the header and the footer.

What I am getting after the page loads is this. As this issue happens on multiple computers, on multiple networks (some not Xfinity), the issue is on Xfinity's side and needs to be resolved. As I told the myriad of Xfinity support people I spoke with last week, "I can tell you where the problem is, it cannot be fixed by making changes to my equipment or network and needs to be resolved on Xfinity's side."

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

8 months ago

Still not working at of February 7, 2024.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

7 months ago

I am seeing this exact same issue.

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

7 months ago

Still broken for me. Edge, Chrome, Firefox. Different computers, different networks. Got tired of waiting on Comcast / Xfinity and asked my State Attorney General to take a look.

Contributor

• 

168 Messages

7 months ago

I am experiencing the very same issue for many weeks now, have to use the work arounds via TV and App.

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

7 months ago

While there are work arounds available. This does not work for the link in the e-mail that Xfinity sends out to notify you when you hit certain levels of usage, 75% being the first one. As I get the e-mail on my computer, I do not believe it is too much to expect it to work on my computer. I continue to check this link daily. Even the app is spotty when providing this information, I have had to request it multiple times, on more than one occasion. I also do not believe that I should have to have a smart phone to use my home Internet, without worrying about additional charges.

I work from home doing IT work. I also review video games. Along with streaming most of my video entertainment. Between those things I frequently find that I need to manage my usage towards the end of the month to ensure I stay below the 1.2TB data cap. I am unwilling to pay an additional $30 a month to remove the cap, as that is 50% of my total month bill. I can work within the confines of the data cap, provided Xfinity can fix their data meter.

Contributor

• 

168 Messages

7 months ago

@RKilroy - I just found this Xfinity Article on this very topic, so I called Customer Security Assurance department and they have opened a case for this issue, so you are welcome to do the same if you wish.

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

7 months ago

I already did that. Spent hours on the phone with Xfinity with them blaming my equipment, to the point they were going to roll a truck, for the issue with their web page. Didn't matter if I had the same issue on a computer from my work. I provided them with the public IPs of both networks. Until they understand the issue is on their side it won't be fixed.

Contributor

• 

168 Messages

7 months ago

Evidently the Usage Page in question intermittently works for @BruceW

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

7 months ago

Must be nice. I still check it daily. I checked this morning at home and just now at work and still nothing. Looks like they changed how it reports in the app, so it seems they are at least working on it. On my work machine, which is on a non-Comcast / Xfinity network, it does not work in Chrome, Edge, or Firefox. Signing with my user ID or e-mail address. So, still broken, in my book.

Contributor

• 

168 Messages

@RKilroy - Xfinity's CSA Tier2 Team just called me back on my Escalated Case and asked me for the screenshot of the Usage Page (emailed them),

so hopefully somebody might be working on this issue...

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here