U

Tuesday, October 10th, 2023 12:36 PM

Closed

Data usage numbers wrong

I’m not sure what’s going on. I keep a close eye on our data usage and when checking on it last night, I noticed our data usage spiked over 500gb in two days and all previous months numbers almost doubled. I’ve seen a few others having the same issue. The first photo is from Saturday 10/7 and the second photo is from Monday 10/9.

1 Message

1 year ago

I’m noticing the same issue. Everything is doubled including usage from the last couple of months.

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

Hello, @user_di16at. Thank you for reaching out over Xfinity Forums, you have contacted the right place in regard to your data meter concern. We are aware of the issue, and our dedicated engineer experts are diligently working on getting this corrected. I've also had some customers report that they have seen an update with correct information as of this morning. 

Our wonderful Customer Security Assurance experts can also confirm your correct data usage, and if you have any further concerns, as they are the right team to work with. They are available at 1-888-565-4329, 7 days a week from 8am - 12am EST. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

139 Messages

1 year ago

Yes mine goes back to about May being incorrect.

If you check on the website the modem itself shows the correct amount.

There are two places on the website that show usage.

One is the meter and one on the device list.

Click "view usage" on the website and you modem will be listed with a usage stat too.

My modem is showing 147GB but meter shows 289GB.

Thread about it here: https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r33761686-data-usage-meter

(edited)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

1 year ago

3 Messages

1 year ago

Same issue here also... September now shows over the 1.2 limit .. .red (1.55 tb) and usage for October went up 100 GB in one day ????

Contributor

• 

76 Messages

@user_69j4j1​ Just found my moden data:

MODEM DATA USAGE: 281 GB

DATA USAGE FROM DATA METER: 627 GB (and approximately 55 GB in the last 34 hour)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here