eg7789's profile

Saturday, August 24th, 2024 11:07 PM

Data Stops Working Over Wifi on PC, Though Still Connected

Computer: HP Omen 30L, running Windows 11.

I was watching YouTube, left a comment on a video, and it just slowed down to almost nothing. I quit and restarted Firefox and now absolutely nothing would load. The machine was still connected to wifi (according to the system tray icon), but all data had just stopped flowing. I tested the wifi on my smartphone and it still worked. A reboot of the PC restored the data flow (for now). This didn't happen when I was on Verizon Home 5G; it started after I switched to Comcast. What could possibly be causing these random data stoppages?

Sub sole, nihil novi est.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

19 days ago

eg7789 Thanks for posting on our Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear about the random disconnections. Is the issue happening across all browsers? Or just Firefox? Have you tried clearing out the cache and cookies? 

3 Messages

It was across all programs on the PC (browsers, IRC client, etc.). I've moved the modem closer to my room in hope this will stop the disconnects. I'll post back if it happens again.

Sub sole, nihil novi est.

Official Employee

• 

809 Messages

eg7789 Okay we will be standing by for an update.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here