niteskies's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Monday, March 13th, 2023 4:05 PM

Closed

Customer modems new increased upload speeds

Is there any update on when customer owned modems will  get the mid split increased upload speeds?   I've seen articles about the faster upload initially on xfi complete and later in 2023 for customer modems.  Is there any more details, a projected timeline for customer modems?

Thanks

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.4K Messages

1 year ago

Hello @niteskies. Thanks for reaching out to us here with your inquiry about our next generation internet. Only select areas will be eligible. If you are is eligible, you will receive an email letting you know and what to do next. That being said, be sure to check your email regularly for communications from us. :)

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

I am in an area with the increased upload speeds 100 or 200 mbps depending on download speed level I select.  But I would need to go with the Xfi complete to get the increased upload speeds.  My question is there any details on when my customer owned modem, a netgear CM2000 will get the new increased upload speeds?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

That's an excellent question, at this time we don't have any updates of when customer owned modems will be eligible for those speeds.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

104.4K Messages

@user_709494​ 

FWIW. It's not related to the DOCSIS 3.1 standard. It's related to the new "mid-split" system that they are upgrading to. You can Google "mid-split cable system" for more info.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Hello.  Is there an update for this post?  I also have a CM2000 cable modem and my account shows that I am eligible for 100mbps upload speeds.

Problem Solver

• 

502 Messages

Our team would be happy to help, @quik516. Can you please create a new public post with your question/concern to get started?

I no longer work for Comcast.

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

1 year ago

Hello, any update on when customer-owned modems can take advantage of the higher upload speeds - or at least which kind of customer-owned modems eventually would ? Is Docsis 3.1 speeds sufficient ?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello @bolster at this time, the Next Generation Xfinity Internet upload speeds are still being tested. These enhancements will allow us to prepare for the launch of multi-gig internet services as well as new technologies such as DOCSIS 4.0. Currently, there is not a set date on when the testing phase will be completed as we are still working on upgrading our entire network.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

11 months ago

Another CM2000 customer checking in on when we are getting the new upload speeds.  my neighborhood is already upgraded.

Expert

• 

104.4K Messages

11 months ago

@user_fdc872 

Please create a new topic of your own here on this board with your question. Thanks. The original poster has not returned. 5-month-old thread is now being closed.

For future reference, it is better to submit your own post as it creates a ticket to get help, and posting on an old thread can delay getting help.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here