U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Friday, October 21st, 2022 1:11 AM

Closed

Ctdi cmtx listed 4 x

I just set up my new Xfinity router and right off the bat it looks like there are four other routers attached to my network that are called CTDI CMTX

Contributor

• 

156 Messages

2 years ago

@user_f4a671 

If you're using a newer xfinity gateway device and don't have a MOCA filter on your line, I'd recommend you get one.

This is the one I use, and it's working quite well: Filter, MoCA POE for Cable TV & OTA coaxial Networks ONLY

HTH

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

393 Messages

2 years ago

@user_f4a671 Thank you for bringing this concern regarding the devices connected to your home network to our attention here at the Xfinity Community Forums. One of the great features of having one of our xFi Gateways is access to the Xfinity App. Through this app, there are multiple functions to allow you to personalize and control your home network, including removing unfamiliar devices via the 'Forgot Device' option, unassigning it from the person it was associated with and, if applicable. It'll also permanently delete all historical network activity of this device. If the device reconnects to your home network, it will appear as a new device.

I would also recommend updating your network Wifi password if you have not done so already. After taking both these steps, are you able to confirm if the devices named above still appear on the network?

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityShaina​ I have a customer that has received 4 e-mails saying you have 4 ctdi cmtx devices added to your home network. Is there someone I have put him in contact with to understand what these messages mean and what to do to prevent any issues???

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Same thing happened to me. What are the CTDI CMTX devices??? It seems that they connected during the activation process, even before I could choose a password. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_147ecf, Thank you for reaching out with your question concerning the CTDI CMTX. Please send us a DM with your name and address by doing the following:

Ensure you are first signed in, then you will see an icon at the top right of your page.
From there, click the 'New Message' icon. In the 'To' field, type 'Xfinity Support'.
Type your message in the text area that appears at the bottom of the window and hit enter to send. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I have a question for anyone posting questions regarding this do you live in a condo community or similar

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

single family home.   i  later installed a PoE filter, did a factory  reset and reactived the xfinity modem/router.  that time, i didn't get any unexpected device connections.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I just set my modem and I’m 5 CTDI CMTX devices connected.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here