lmunix's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Fri, Dec 18, 2020 8:00 AM

constant re-registration

For the past few months, xfinity has required me to re-register my modem every two weeks.  This is a new phenomena.  It is very annoying as it always happens early in the morning when I am trying to read the news and check my email.  The really annoying thing is that once I follow the procedure xfinity requires to register, It takes 10 minutes for the registraion to take effect.  I don't understand why it takes so long.  In this age of fast connections and almost instant logins, having to wait 10 minutes is completely unsatisfactory.  Can someone please explain why I am constantly being un-registered?  As I mentioned, this problem is recent.  I have been an xfinity subscriber for many years without this problem

Responses

EG

Expert

• 

87K Messages

6 m ago

Try calling 1-800-comcast and ask a rep to completely remove the modem from your account and to "re-provision" it from scratch. Also ask them to confirm that the provisioning and account data in their database is correct and complete.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New to the Community?

Start Here