R

Tuesday, August 6th, 2024 5:18 AM

Constant packet loss while on ethernet

For the past week, I've been experiencing constant packet loss (ranging from 1%-5%) while playing Valorant. I've tested other games and it seems to be most noticeable on Valorant. I've done multiple attempts troubleshooting/identifying the problem such as restarting my gateway, removing devices from the wifi, and running packet loss tests online, but I have yet to find a solution. I have also tracerouted Google and the Valorant server that I play on. The results after tracerouting Google seemed to be fine but I am not so sure with the results on Valorant as a majority of the packets were not received. If I could get some help with this issue I would greatly appreciate it.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

1 month ago

I am sorry to hear about your packet loss @rockbas07

I want to make sure we are respecting your time and not repeat the steps you have taken previously. What troubleshooting steps have you taken? 

I also wanted to make sure you are aware that any time you need to troubleshoot our Xfinity app can assist you step by step. It is not just to pay your bill or to get notifications about interruptions. To learn how to troubleshoot in the future you can follow the link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/using-xfinity-app. Honestly, it is the best app to date that we offer and super easy to use for all of your account needs!

6 Messages

I've used the troubleshoot options through the Xfinity app and the packet loss still persists. The Internet speed to my Gateway is all within my plan speed, no problem there. 

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Are you seeing the same issues on other devices? @rockbas07

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

6 Messages

Yes, we have 2 desktop computers connected by Ethernet and both experience packet loss during gaming. Both desktops are connected to an Ethernet splitter which is connected to the Xfinity modem (XB8). I've also tested if the splitter was being the issue by connecting one desktop by Ethernet directly to the main modem and the packet loss still happens.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Do you get packet loss on anything outside of gaming online? @rockbas07

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

6 Messages

Not too sure because doing anything else besides gaming seems to be just fine. I've trace routed to 8.8.8.8 DNS, no packet loss there. I've went on packetlosstest.com and very few runs would result with some packet loss, but I'm not sure if that site is a reliable source to test packet loss.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here