U

3 Messages

Monday, June 24th, 2024 2:35 AM

Constant outage in my area?

We lose internet every day and have for awhile now. It’s been especially bad the past 3 days. Yesterday it was out for most of the day and today it has worked for maybe an hour of the day. I do not live in a rural area. I am in Katy, Texas, less than 2 miles from I-10. What is going on with the network? How can there be so many outages? I have to leave home to use the internet, which defeats the purpose

of working from home. I am

honestly ready to just take all

of my equipment to the local office and drop it off. 

3 Messages

4 months ago

Spoke to somebody at 11pm last night who said the issue was resolved after a loose connection at a pole was found in my area. They assured me that the issue was fully resolved. It is now almost 6am and guess what? “Your home internet is offline due to an outage being fixed in your area”. There have now been twelve outages since Friday at noon. 

3 Messages

4 months ago

Spoke to somebody this morning around 7:15am when it came back on. They assured me the issue was resolved… again. It is now 8:20am and once again there’s an outage in my area with an estimated repair time of 11am. What is going on!?!?!?

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hi there, user_l7vs20! Thanks for taking the time out of your day to reach out about your service. I apologize that there were a series of interruptions. I work at home too and understand that is stressful to go through. Are your services back up and running now? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

13 days ago

When I click on System Refresh I keep getting an error message THERE IS A VIDEO OUTAGE IN YOUR AREA.  I have been getting this message for at least a month now.  Comcast rep was here & replaced DVR box, but still getting error message.  PLUS I keep getting a message time to replace batteries on my remote.  They are NEW batteries!!  Comcast tech put his batteries in & still getting same error message.  PLUS my TV Input button is not working.  I did a search on all my problems & other users are reporting same!!  I have been working with the Comcast tech’s supervisor & he’s looking into it.  Said he may have to contact engineers & that is the last I have heard from him.  WE PAY TOP DOLLAR FOR COMCAST & SOOO FRUSTRATING THEY CAN’T RESOLVE THESE ISSUES!!! GRRRRRRR

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

cheeky, Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to reach out. I can understand the importance of having the video services working correctly as a consumer myself. I offer my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience that this has caused you for at least a month now. At Comcast, we strive to ensure that you receive the services you pay for. You've come to the right place. Our team of experts is dedicated to resolving issues such as this. We will do everything we can to rectify this as quickly as possible. I am happy to hear that you are working with one of our field leaders. I would like to pull up the account and research what's going on to help. To get started, please send us a direct message with your first/last name and full address by clicking the "direct message" icon on the upper right page of the forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle "Xfinity Support" to send us a direct message.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here