U

Friday, July 19th, 2024 8:43 PM

Constant disconnects. Multiple tech visits but no resolution.

As the title states, I have been having connection issues for over a year. I have had 3 technicians come out in that time. They replaced the connector from the pole, and the bullet that connects the external coax to internal coax. I have tried using a new modem, as well as an xfinity provided modem. Nothing has fixed the issue.

My modem is a Netgear CM1000v2 and I am using an AX58U router. The problem persists even when I directly connected the modem to my PC.

I have included images of my event log (cropped out the section that shows my MAC address), channel status, and a capture of a program that I have been using to monitor the internet outages (Wirepeep)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

2 months ago

@user_915822 Thank you so much for reaching out for help with your connection issues. From the screenshot you provided there are some signal fluctuations I would like to take a closer look at. Please send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.

5 Messages

@XfinityAmandaB​ I had a technician come out. He said my levels were fine. Had me use an xfinity modem without my router attached, which I have tried before. I am still getting random disconnects.

Official Employee

• 

889 Messages

@user_915822 I am sorry to hear that didn't improve your connection. Please, send a new DM to Xfinity Support, so we can keep working on this. Thank you.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

106K Messages

2 months ago

@user_915822 @XfinityTony 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open public forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here