N

Monday, August 19th, 2024 12:20 PM

Consistently slow speed

I pay for up to 1000mbps download speed. Xfinity and independent speed test are always below 500 mbps. Tried all the suggestions with the xfinity assistant. Desperately hoping for help here.

[Edited: "Solicitation"] 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

1 month ago

Nomi1ne Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Community Forum. We are very sorry to hear of the issues you're having and we'll be happy to see what is going on. When you can, please send us a Direct Message with your full name and address. Here are instructions on how to send us a DM in case you need them:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

Expert

• 

106K Messages

1 month ago

@Nomi1ne @XfinityBenjaminM 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open public forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

1 Message

1 month ago

Comcast [Edited: "Language"].  I keep getting phishing emails supposedly from xfinity wanting me to "Update my payment information".  Tried to contact someone in xfinity security, but it is virtually impossible.  They don't give a [Edited: "Language"] if their customers get ripped off by scammers as long as they get their monthly fee for the substandard service they give.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

3.7K Messages

Hello @user_iprrmd! Thanks for taking the time to reach out on our Forums regarding the Phishing emails you've been receiving. I definitely know how inconvenient and frustrating these can be, so we do apologize. I certainly understand the need to get this properly reported. I know you stated you tried reaching out to our Customer Security Assurance (CSA) team. Just to be sure, did you try by following the steps below;

Please use the information below for our Comcast Customer Security Assurance Team to report this quickly and efficiently. 

Report a spam email sent to your Comcast.net email account

Webmail Users

Select the message you wish to report as spam.
Click the "Spam" button in the right-hand corner of the webmail console.

Email Client Users (Windows Mail, Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.)

- Select the message you wish to report as spam.
- Forward the spam message as an attachment to missed-spam@comcast.net.

Report phishing email sent to or from a Comcast.net email account

Once you have copied the full message headers from the spam message, paste the header and the message into an email and send it to abuse@comcast.net with the subject line "Phishing email."

(When reporting phishing emails, it is critical that you send us the email headers. Please do not forward the phishing email. Forwarding the email will remove the original headers.)

Our CSA Team can be reached during the hours below

Business Hours: 8:00am - 12:00am EST, 7 days a week

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here