P

Wednesday, August 14th, 2024 5:32 PM

Connection slows/drops out periodically. After second test it comes back.

Howdy,

For the past few months our connection will slow (as tested from the gateway using xFinity App) or drop completely. Then once I test it again within 1-2 minutes, it comes right back. We recently had a hurricane here, and now this happens at least every 15 minutes. It seems to be the worst at 9pm and later.

I've been taking screenshots of my phone when I test because the app only seems to log the tests that showed max internet speed provided. If I call a representative, they're just gonna restart the gateway, and it'll work fine. I wanted to have proof that it DOES do this all throughout the day. How can I describe or prove that the internet is doing this without any official log, or is there a log that an xFinity member can view and see all the (un)successful speed tests?

Any help is much appreciated as I'm not sure where to go from here.

Thank you!

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 month ago

Hello @pipersparkz, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the connection, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

Expert

• 

106K Messages

1 month ago

@XfinityKrista 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open public forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

(edited)

3 Messages

1 month ago

Just an update. I went through the xfinity AI chat and troubleshooted a random device. Then I went through the process again and the chatbot said they would send a tech out. The tech came out 2 days later and measured the signal from the tap outside my house. He found there was a bad channel (not sure if im getting the terminology right) and said a different tech will come out and work on it. In the meantime he upgraded my gateway as it was two generations old. I haven't experienced any drops since the new gateway, and earlier today I got a message saying there was work being done in my area which I'm assuming is the other tech coming to work on the tap.

I'll update this after a few days (or over the weekend) and let you all know if the drops come back.

3 Messages

22 days ago

Update: The internet began dropping again this weekend and will do it intermittently in the evenings/nights. It definitely happens less frequent on the weekdays than before which is a blessing, but during the weekends it's almost unusable. I'm not sure if a tech has come out to work on the tap or not, but I will be sure to update this post when anything new happens.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@pipersparkz Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Community Forum. We see that this is part of an ongoing conversation, and we see your DM, please look for our response shortly.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here