U

Monday, August 12th, 2024 3:38 AM

Connection Drops and Packet Loss (every 15-20 Minutes)

Here's a simplified overview of my situation:

Since switching to Xfinity around 2020, I've been experiencing frequent connection drops with my Xfinity xFi Gateway. Despite numerous calls to Comcast/Xfinity and a technician visit, the problem persisted, with the issue never fully resolved. As of 2024, I've been dealing with packet loss for the past four years.

Recently, I researched the problem online and found that others have experienced similar issues. One forum post mentioned that after multiple technician visits and supervisor involvement, the problem was traced back to an outside amplifier being bad. The Technicians replaced the outside amplifier and it was solved I suspect I might have the same issue.

Although my internet service is generally good when stable, and I have the second-best package available, this recurring packet loss is a significant problem. During these episodes, which last between 10 to 60 seconds every 10 to 15 minutes, all internet access on my devices is completely lost, even though they remain connected to the network.

I would really like to get this fixed, as I've been dealing with this problem for the past four years.

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

1 month ago

Hi there, @user_ptz6a8! Thank you for the detailed rundown of what you are experiencing. We don't want that happening and are happy to further help. Since you have already worked with our agents to troubleshoot and had a visit let's meet in a direct message. I will be able to run a diagnostic report, look into the area and account history, and go from there. We are able to set up a visit for you if that is needed to check the amplifier and other possible causes.

Please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the direct messaging icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

Expert

• 

106K Messages

1 month ago

@user_ptz6a8 @XfinityRay 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open public forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here