D

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, October 16th, 2021 6:22 AM

Closed

Connection dropping

Hi, from time to time my connection will drop during the day. This then causes me to restart my router via my computer, once the router restarts and comes back online I get the message "your isp's DHCP does not function properly" so the router reboots but my internet doesn't and I have to sit there until my connection comes back.

Can anyone help if there is anyone who has had a similar issue, it is a asus router btw and a netgear modem.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Problem Solver

• 

948 Messages

3 years ago

I have a asus router, I got that message before, I went to the routers admin page, there was a link to fix it, couple clicks and it was fixed

Problem Solver

• 

409 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you for bringing this to our attention through our Communities page, and thank you for your patience while awaiting our response. I understand you've been experiencing issues with you in-home network's speed, and I can imagine the concern behind this, especially if you're subscribed to a higher speed tier, than those speeds you've been receiving! Rest assured; you're with the pros, and our Digital Care Team will do everything we can to get to the bottom of it!

I'd like to take a deeper look into the account, so I can run some tests on your internet equipment, in an effort to see what's slowing you down. To do so, can you please click on the chat icon, in the top right hand corner of your screen? Once you've clicked on the icon, you should be able to search for "Xfinity Support", and once this has been chosen, it should allow you to send us a private message, including your full name, and address. Thank you in advance, and I look forward to speaking with you!

Expert

• 

103.4K Messages

@XfinityTyler FWIW, the poster stated that their connection drops, not "slows down".

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here