U

Tuesday, July 30th, 2024 3:00 AM

Connecting to further server

Hi I live in Northwest Louisiana, I have a question about the servers i am connecting to while gaming, I play a game called Rainbow Six Siege and they have a server(data center) in Dallas,Texas called South Central United States server which is the closest one to me but my xbox never connects to the Dallas server it connects to East United States server is there a way to fix this

Official Employee

• 

737 Messages

2 months ago

user_0y69rg Hello, are you sill having server issues?

6 Messages

Yes, i am still connecting to east servers it does not feel bad but I sm wondering why I am not connecting to the closer server when all of my friends that live in the same city as me do which is dallas servers

Official Employee

• 

540 Messages

After digging around a bit I am not showing any options to change servers through the console or in the game. Other users even reported that using a VPN won't allow you to change servers as the Xcloud bypasses it. From what I understand, the game server will provide you the best region where you can get the lowest ping and whatever server is compatible with your connection to get the lowest ping based on your account region. This is an automatic process and there is no option to change this on the console or in the game currently. It would explain why you're not experiencing any sort of lag/ping issues when you're connected to the US East server.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

6 Messages

lOk thank you, I just wondering why it was connecting to a further server then 1 that is literally my neighboring state also I forgot to ask does it have anything to do with how xfinity is routing my internet because one night it connected me to the right server(dallas servers) with 44ms(this only happened one time) but while im currently on east I get 55ms

Official Employee

• 

867 Messages

I'm not sure that would be the case since your internet wouldn't change or cause a game server to auto route to another server.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

6 Messages

Yea same I was confused when it happened to but thanks for the help that would be all

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here