U

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Saturday, June 10th, 2023 5:32 PM

Closed

Comcast is blocking my website, please help!!!

All my clients who use Comcast cannot access my website. They get the message "This site is blocked because it is a known security threat. Please contact your network administrator to gain access". Our website has just been scanned numerous times to be free of Malware and we use a security suite to insure it remains that way. I have been submitting removal requests to Comcast every week for months now and they have not unblocked it or responded. We have been in business for decades and our website is not a security threat. What else can I do?

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

1 year ago

@user_8234234 Thank you for reaching out to the Digital Care Team. I would recommend reaching out to our Customer Security Assurance Team. You can file a claim here, and find their phone number here: https://internet-security-site-web.ho-g3.cf.comcast.net/help/report-abuse. 

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@XfinityHeather​ That link doesn't work. I've reported the website dozens of times for months at: https://spa.xfinity.com/report and nothing has been done. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

1 year ago

@XfinityHeather wrote: "... https://internet-security-site-web.ho-g3.cf.comcast.net/help/report-abuse"

But "internet-security-site-web.ho-g3.cf.comcast.net" is a private link to 10.112.21.* which is an internal/intranet IP address. Customers have no access to such an address. Attempts to access it result in browser messages like "The connection has timed out".

https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse is the site accessible to customers.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@BruceW​ It seems like that is to report abusive websites. The link on that page that takes you to the page to request websites to unblock is what I have been using. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

My apologies that the link does not work. Please follow this link to select the best option to report this site https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

1 year ago

... The link on that page that takes you to the page to request websites to unblock ...

Have you tried calling CSA at the number given on that page? That may be your best hope. CSA handles site blocking.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

1 year ago

I have spent almost my entire day on the phone with the CSA and they are beyond useless. Every time I call they make me re-authorize myself, then make me repeat the issue from scratch, even though I have a ticket number, then proceed to give me troubleshooting tips that have nothing to do with my issue. They've wasted my entire day and still cannot tell me what's going on. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_8234234 Thank you for these added details. I can see how this would be super frustrating, especially when you have had the website for quite some time. I'd like to take a look at your services on my end, and get you in the right direction for a resolution. To begin, can you please send a Direct Message with your full name, the business name, the service address, and the website? I look forward to hearing back from you today! 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Despite multiple interactions with support over the last week this hasn't been fixed. 

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

@user_8234234 I am sorry it has not been resolved. Have you followed the steps on the link:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/report-blocked-website ? I know you have called CSA previously but I do suggest reaching out to them again to speak with them about the block website as they have the tools to assist you with this issue. 1-888-565-4329

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

Has this been resolved? I’m having the same issue

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@user_6902e0​ Nope! Been waiting months and am losing business over it. They're saying they aren't blocking my site even though the traces show otherwise and it's only happening with clients who use their service. Are you getting the same Malware screen? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here