P

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, February 23rd, 2022 1:03 AM

Closed

Comcast blocking websites

So for the past 3 days, my wifi decided to start blocking websites? My data works just fine, and when I turn on a vpn on my phone and computer the wifi works. I’ve factory reset multiple times, switched dns and ips and have reset ips in command prompt. This is getting really annoying and the people over the phone are no help either, they just tell me their going to reset it and they do but it doesn’t fix the issue. I’ve cleared the cache and history and it fixed it for 20 minutes or so and it went back.

Official Employee

• 

553 Messages

2 years ago

Hello @Patricio75, thanks for reaching out for help on our forums! We definitely want to make sure you're able to get the same access you had before without websites being blocked. Are you experiencing this issue on all wireless devices? Do you have any wired devices connected as well that experience the same problem? 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityNico​ for me it's wired and wireless devices.  Here is the message I am getting when trying to access one of the sites that doesn't work. 

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.tommybahama.com/" on this server.

Reference #18.57fb3b17.1645794818.546a1bd

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

Good luck with that. I have been fighting to get something done about them blocking my access to my bank for over 2 years. All I get is an hour of the same troubleshooting script and every now and then they try replacing my cable modem, which actually seems to work for a month or two, and then it slowly starts blocking again.

One thing is sure. There is no way I wave found to get to a higher level of support as every time they say they are transferring me to someone who can help I either get disconnected or transferred to sales or some other department just to get rid of me.

The only reason I can still function is that I can usually get to my bank via a VPN and have never had a problem using an LTE connection.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@charlesr1

This usually means there's suspicious traffic coming from your IP and Akamai blocked your IP from accessing other sites. A device attached to your network has some sort of malware or trojan on it. Once the suspicious traffics stops, their automated system will unblock your IP address.

Contributor

• 

50 Messages

@nav_816cb7​ How could you know for sure that Akamai is even in the picture ?

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hey, @charlesr1. Thanks for reaching out to our Community Forums to let us know of this situation. I am truly sorry to hear it has been 2 years without a resolution. This is not the experience we would like you to have, and I'd like to help make this right. To make sure we have a better understanding of the situation, I'd like to ask you some questions. Is this happening on all of your devices? Is your bank website the only affected? Or do you have the same issue with other websites? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

All devices, wired and wifi, while the same devices can access the site if I use a VPN or an LTE connection.

Also, I have repeatedly demonstrated to support that I cannot even ping the site using the built in diagnostic tools on the xfinity modem.

My bank is the only site I cannot seem to access.

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@XfinityDilary​ Well it looks like I am not going to be making any progress here either.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Same issue happened here a few days ago.  Can't reach my bank and a few other random sites.  I tried WiFi and Wired.  I couldn't even create an account on here.  Cellular and a VPN connection work fine.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Patricio, do you own your own modem?  If so, what brand/model is it?  

The funny thing is that I can’t even login to this site with this issue…. 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

While browsing my account on Xfinity.Com I noticed that my modem was a little old and it wasn’t allowing full speed on my internet.  I browsed thru the compatible modems and purchased a SB6190 so that no one at Tech Support could tell me that was the problem.  Still none of the websites are working.  I had to post this thru my ExpressVPN, thankfully I have that to get me around this mess.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Finally fixed the issue.  Xfinity uses the MAC address of the first device attached to the modem to obtain the WAN IP Address.  In this case it was my Router.  I cloned the MAC address of my modem to the router and problem solved

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here